I am the face behind Read-Consultant as the founder and an independent consultant. I am from Nepal but have years of experience working in a multi-cultural environment. I am an active advocate of youth rights for education and decent employment opportunities; youth participation; minority and women’s right.
I am at the end of my Doctoral Degree on Youth Studies from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands. My research explores young rural-urban migrants education to work transition in Kathmandu, Nepal. I hold an MA in Development Studies with a specialization in Human Rights from the International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University, The Netherlands.
Why human rights and youth?
I grew up in a conflict affected country. I saw young people being kidnapped from their home or forced to participate in the civil war out of unemployment. This motivated me to work for young people and human rights.
– Accountability for human rights violations in general and minority rights in particular.
– Youth activism, participations, education and work transitions
– Socio-economic empowerment
– Women rights and education
Working with me would be like?
– With single handed expert team who have conducted multiple interdisciplinary research and educational projects at a global and local level.
– Knowledge about both private and public sectors.
– Extensive knowledge about human rights, legal frameworks and policies.
– International network of experts in both development and technical areas.
– Experienced trainer, educator and researcher.