DESIGNING M&E AND LEARNING SYSTEMS
Topic: Monitoring & Evaluation, Proposal Writing
Target Audience: Development Professionals, professional Services and Technical Solutions Providers
Duration: Eight 90 minutes online sessions over 5 weeks
Course Fees: 95 USD/ 79 EUR
Capturing essential quantitative and qualitative changes of your project has become increasingly important and demanded by donor-agencies and host governmental organisations alike.
How, then, do you design project MEL plan that goes beyond tracking activities? How do you learn and show meaningful results? And how do you make sure that your MEL plan does not maintain accountability, generate and use learnings by all actors for improvement?
The course will equip participants with the necessary skills, M&E methodologies and tools necessary to confidently deliver the day-to-day functions of the Monitoring and Evaluation officer.
- Develop an understanding of the definitions, concepts and interlinkages of monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Develop key performance indicators that measure what matter.
- Be able to design integrated MEL plans.
- How to share results and use learnings into project management decision making, comminution and proposal writing.
- Reflect on your own role in bringing improved process, knowledge sharing and management in your projects, programs and organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is particularly relevant to those working in the not-for-profit/international development sector who need to achieve a better understanding of the MEL cycle. These include but not limited to the following titles:
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning officers/specialists
- Program and Project Managers
- Government civil servants
- Anyone who wants to grow own career in international development
WHAT IS THE COURSE ONLINE FORMAT?
- The course is a foundation to an intermediate level.
- The course will be delivered over 5 weeks. Four weeks with live sessions and one-week break in between to allow participants to complete activities and catch up with readings.
- The course will include Eight interactive live sessions, each lasts 90 minutes. Sessions start from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Netherlands Time/CET.
- Participants will have access to course presentations, self-paced individual exercise as well as recommended readings and resources.
- Participants will have the opportunity to interact with other participants through the live sessions.
- Presentations, materials, and training will be delivered in English.
- On average, we estimate participants should set aside 4-6 hours per week to complete this course.
WHAT ARE THE IT REQUIREMENTS?
- You will need a laptop and ideally also a headset, as well as access to broadband internet.
- You will need to be able to download software (zoom) to access the live sessions.
- If you have any doubts about these requirements, please do get in touch.
Click here to register
[Below: some rules and policies]
Course Fees: 95 USD/ 79 EUR
Payment and Cancellation Policy
All training fees must be prepaid.
Registration is only confirmed when training fees are received by the consultant.
Certificate of attendance (with 80% attendance).
Cancellations can be accepted up to 1 week prior to the start date of the training and must be confirmed by e-mailing email@example.com. Full payment will be refunded by returning the payment receipts if any.
No refunds will be issued for the No-show.
Cancelled training courses can be exchanged with a future course within the next 6 months.
Trainee substitutions may be requested.
This training might be postponed at any-time. In such cases, training fees will be fully reimbursed, with returning receipts if any, or keep it for a newly scheduled time of the same training or for another course. When this postponement or cancellation happens Read-Consultant shall assume no liability.